Monday, April 8, 2013

Hey!

So my time in Buenaventura is finally over. After 4 and a half months, I am getting transferred. I'm going back to Cali. To the other side of the city this time. It's gonna be tough leaving here. It's the first area where I've really been able to build relationships with the members and investigators. But I'm ready for whatever the mish has to throw at me. I've heard some things about my new area, should be interesting. I haven't been there yet, so I don't know, but it sounds like they need help and aren't having any success. We'll see what happens. Elder H. is going to Tuluá, Elder A. to Palmira. and Elder M. to my zone in Cali. Oh yeah, my "dad elder" I. is coming to Buenaventura to be a zone leader.

Conference was great. We basically got most of it, but the internet here isn't too good. I didn't bring my notes, but here a are few things that stood out for me. I remember how Pres. Uchtdorf reminded us how Satan wants us to define ourselves by the bad things we've done, and how we can't let him make us do it. I really liked Elder Packer and Elder Eyering's testimonies at the end of their talks. It's always powerful when an apostle bears witness of the savior. I liked Elder Christofferson too, but I'm probably just biased because I shook his hand when he was here...haha.

He aprendido mucho en mi tiempo aquí y será difícil dejar este lugar. Pero sé que me he esforzado mucho y que voy a esforzarme siempre por ser obediente y trabajar duro. Nos vemos.

Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment