Monday, April 22, 2013

Hey!

Another week here in Ciudad Modelo. Sorry I haven't really had a whole lot of time to take pictures. I didn't bring my camera this time but I'll send some next week.

We had two investigators come to church last week. They are Caterine and Maria F. or "Mafer." They have been to Buenaventura a bunch and their mom is from there, which is pretty sweet. I've been meeting a bunch of people who are from there.
Elder D. and I were asked to give talks last Sunday on missionary work. The ward mission leader here is the bishop's son, who just got back from his mission in Peru about two months ago. He told me to "light into" the ward a little bit, but with love. Next week I'll bring the talk and scan it and send it. I basically told them that fear comes from Satan and that the only way we can get rid of it (fear) and share the gospel is by replacing it with love as seen in Moroni 8:16 - "Wo be unto them that shall pervert the ways of the Lord after this manner, for they shall perish except they repent. Behold, I speak with boldness, having aauthority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for bperfect clove dcasteth out all fear."

We're really just trying to help the ward here. I've never been a big fan of knocking on doors. Not just because it's boring and has a low chance of success, but I know if I was at home and two people wanted to bother me, I'd be annoyed...haha. We're really trying to work with the members here and get their trust.

I know the letters haven't been very detailed. I'll try to work on that. It's hard when you only get an hour to read and respond.

Pero todavĂ­a vamos adelante. Me he dado cuenta de que los miembros realmente determinan como va la obra en cualquier area. Entonces, sigan adelante con la obra. Nos vemos
Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment