Monday, November 19, 2012


Hey

Things are pretty much the same. The weeks just seem to roll by.

The other day we had to go to lunch somewhere up in the hills and we had to pay for a ride in a jeep and there wasn't room inside so Elder C. and I had to stand on the bumper and hold on the whole way. It was kinda sick just rolling through the hills of Colombia like that. I felt like I was in real life Call of Duty or something.

One thing that's really annoying though about this place is that everyone always asks you for money. At least once or twice a day some person will ask us for money.

Also, I don't know if you guys really need to know this because it's gross... but hilarious. One of the guys in my zone saw a lady squat down on the sidewalk and take a poop in public. Just thought you guys should know that so you have an idea of what this place is like sometimes, haha. Gross, but hilarious.

Anyways, other than that I'm just hoping for some sort of change this transfer. I'm really trying hard to get along with my comp but it's so hard sometimes. I get so bored in the mornings sitting at my desk at ten o'clock when he's still sleeping. I'll even make him some breakfast with some of the food I bought with my own money and he'll just walk in, eat the food, and go back to the room without even saying thank you. And the fact that he will do things like lie to the Zone Leaders about being late to the house and make up some story...well, it makes me angry when I look at him. All he ever talks about is how he still has 2 months left and that's "soo long before he can go kiss girls and stuff again." UGH.
Anyways, yeah, sorry, I know I should focus on the good and I really am trying, but I just had to let all that out to someone. It's just hard, I miss being able to choose the people I surround myself with. They say this helps you prepare for marriage but at least you get to choose your wife, haha.

Anyways, none of our investigators are really progressing right now. Although something cool was that last Saturday the sister missionaries had 3 baptisms and I got to be the person to baptize them. That was cool! I have pictures but we haven't found and internet cafe thing where I can send them yet.

Estoy tratando de segir adelante. Extraño a Elder I. y Pasto también, haha, pero está bien. Sé que Dios me bendicirá y les bendicirá tambien. Nos vemos en dos.

Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment