Monday, November 26, 2012

Hey

So this week was more interesting than usual. First we got to hear from Elder Uceda of the First Quorum of the Seventy. It was pretty cool.

San Fernando Zone with Elder Uceda, his wife and daughter
Last pday we were kinda lost with two of the other gringo elders and we passed by a big catholic church and went inside to look. I felt like I had walked into Ancient Rome in the year 1000 or something.

Oh yeah, the other day we saw a giant cockroach crawling on our ceiling. It was gross.

What else. Um... there are a lot of transvestites here. In case you guys wanted to know haha.

Oh yeah, a huge thanks for all the packages. I got six this week, haha. I want to throw a thank you out to Robert and Tammy for the candy and beef jerky and to Aunt Colleen for the Thanksgiving stuff. I got it the day before Thanksgiving. I really appreciate all the stuff you guys send. I don't know if you guys really understand how appreciated it is. Oh yeah, I am not about to request or demand that you guys send more packages (LOL), but I just wanna say that if you do at some point, please try to ALWAYS include something for my companion. The Latinos never get stuff and the gringos always do and it’s pretty sad. Oh yeah, also please don't forget to throw in some more face soap and any additional face products as they are greatly appreciated too.

In this area we just walk everywhere or we take the Mio which is like a sort of bus system. The taxis here are way too expensive.

As far as food goes, I like this juice they have called lulo. Other than that, it's just lots of rice and potatoes and beans and chicken and stuff. They have some gross juices too like tomate del arbol but I've basically become immune to tomatoes so I can at least down it now.

What else. Oh yeah, I don't know how or why but I've lost major weight this transfer. I don't feel like I have but my suit pants sag without my belt now and I have to pull my belt as tight as it can go on order for it to work. I hope I don't have a tapeworm or something.

Oh yeah I had the chance to talk to President Prince the other day and he talked to me about this next transfer he had in mind for me. He wasn't too specific but he said if it happens, it’s gonna be a step up in difficulty. I'm just really hoping and praying I don't get sent to Buenaventura. The reason being is that they eat fish there all day every day and I don't know I if I can do it. Anyways, I don't know where I'll end up or I could even end up staying here this next transfer. President Prince said some pretty nice things too. I think he trusts me a lot. He said he was trying to put together a sort of "swat team" for whatever area he was talking about. Even if it doesn't happen, it's cool that he would even consider me for something like that. Anyways I'll find out tonight what’s gonna happen and let you guys know next week. 

I'm pretty stressed out about what could end up happening this transfer but I'm just hoping I get a little help from above. Because this transfer was the last of my training, I will just be a normal missionary next transfer. Which means any amount of responsibility could be given to me including training a new companion. The thought of that freaks me out a bit. I still don't understand Spanish very well even though I am comfortable speaking. Anyways, I appreciate the prayers because I may end up needing them...haha. Later







No comments:

Post a Comment