Monday, November 12, 2012


Hey everyone

Things are going okay. The missionary work is going pretty slow. Our ray of hope was this one family Juan Carlos and Paola, but we found out the other day they aren't married so we can't give a baptismal date until they get married. That should be an interesting conversation.

So every Sunday the three zones in Cali get together for choir practice and I get to talk to a couple of the guys who were in my district in Bogotá and Elder L., who was my 3rd MTC comp. I'm just learning that not liking your comp 100 percent is just part of the mission. I at least have some relief knowing that I'm not the only one who's going through this and that everyone gets homesick sometimes or just has those days where they just don't want to hear another word of Spanish (haha). I'm just trying to focus on the positive and just push through and enjoy the mission. It’s like President Uchtdorf said, "we don't listen to a song just anticipating the end, we listen to it to enjoy the song." That's the attitude I'm trying to have, although I'm not gonna lie, it's hard sometimes (haha).

Entonces, poco a poco trato de llegar a ser un misionero mejor. Por lo menos creo que mi español es mucho mejor que antes en el CCM (MTC) haha. Aunque todavía no entiendo todas las cosas que me dicen las personas, más o menos puedo decir lo que necesite. La obra y ser misionero no es fácil, pero sé que El Señor bendice a sus hijos cuando obedecen los mandamientos y dan su mejor. Nos vemos en dos.

Élder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment