Monday, October 22, 2012

Hey everyone.

I got transferred out of Pasto after only 1 transfer there. I've been in Cali since last Tuesday. My new zone is called San Fernando and the area is Limonar II. I was really upset about having to leave Pasto. I wasn't expecting it. Usually missionaries stay at least 3 months in their first area to complete their training. I really didn't want to leave. For one, Elder I. is great and he stayed behind in Pasto to start training someone else. Also, we had six baptisms on the 20th that I missed out on. They were all people whom I had started out with since the very first contact.

 My new companion is Elder C. He is also from PerĂº. He has 20 months in the mission and will probably end it here with me. He seems okay. He loves to talk, but is a lot looser and less focused than Elder I. The worst part is that we are both new to the area because this area just got cut. It used to be the area of the hermanas but they cut it and now Elder C. and I share the ward with the hermanas. Its pretty hard because we started with no investigators, not knowing any of the members or the city. Turns out we are the first Elders this ward has had in 15 years.

On the other hand, Cali seems really cool. Its a lot warmer here. Last night we were outside and it was dark with warm wind blowing. It was pretty nice. Our apartment is a lot nicer than the one I had in Pasto, also. Its new so everything works for the most part. The only bad thing is we have no hot water.

Anyways, these next few weeks should be interesting. I've been getting massive headaches every once and awhile since I arrived on Colombia. Sister Prince said my eyes might be going bad and I should probably get them checked out.

Anyways, aside from being bummed about the transfer, I am still grateful for the opportunity to be here. I know the mission isn't supposed to be easy and I just have to keep pushing through. All the emails and stuff are appreciated. I know that the gospel is true and that it really can change people's lives.

Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment