Saturday, July 7, 2012

Elder Chase's first letter from the MTC


Hey everyone,

So i only get 30 mins to use the computer but I'll try to talk about as much stuff as I can.

I met my companion as I was getting into my room cause he showed up at the same time. His name is Elder H. He is really cool he is from Salt Lake and played football and track. We get along really well. He is also going to Cali Colombia and has the same plan of staying here for 3 weeks then Bogota for 6.

There are 10 Elders in my district, Me and Elder H., our DL elder B. and Elder L., Elder J. and Elder J.. Those guys are in my room. Then theres also Elder W. and Elder E., and Elder O. and D. Elder H. and I are the only ones going to Cali and I'm not sure but we might be the only comps who are going to the same mission. 4 of the guys are going to Mexico, 1 to Bogota South, one to Arizona, One to Canada, all spanish speaking. I forget the rest but I am lucky to have a comp going to Cali with me.

I am in the Intermediate class for spanish. Apparently 85 percent of Elders get put it the beginning class so I feel all special. My spanish is getting better really fast. By the way its Saturday morning, our P Day is supposed to be Fridays but got messed up this week because of the whole arriving on Thursday thing. But yeah this afternoon Elder H. and I have to teach our first investigator. He is really just some guy role playing but it has to be in spanish. So yeah kinda nervous for that but as far as our level of spanish, I feel like Elder H. and I are in the top half of the district.

I am always really busy we don't get much down time. Its cool though cause everything we do is really interesting. We are always learning something new and our spanish maestro only speaks spanish to us so you really have to focus or you will get lost. Our last class at the end of the day is spanish its 3 hours long and really difficult so we are all really tired at the end of the day.

Its been hard to fall asleep at night. I guess that's what I get for not practicing falling asleep at 1030 before.
On my first day we met our Zone Leaders who are both white and I was kind of in awe of there spanish plus they had only been here for 5 to7 weeks or something like that. But when I think about my spanish Thursday vs today I feel like I should be in an ok spot when I actuaLLY LEAVE THE mtc. iTS REALLY NICE HAVING A COMP WHO IS AT ABOUT THE SAME LEVEL AS ME IN sPANISH. mOST OF THESE OTHER GUYS ONLY TOOK 3 YEARS BUT HE ALSO TOOK FOR AND WORKED WITH MEXICANS AT HIS WORK SO ITS PRETTY COOL.

sorry i didn't mean to caps but I don't have time to go back and change it.

Oh yeah whenever you want to write to me (and please do its nice to remember theres a world outside of here sometimes hah, not that its bad here its awesome) use dearelder.com like you did before cause they actually print it out and hand it to me like a letter. its nice.\

One thing I like here is that everywhere else its "cool" i guess to slack and not care or whatever but here everyone tries to do everything exactly how we are supposed to and no one is pushy about it either.

I'm not a big fan of the food to be honest. The said the average weight gain during your stay here is 20 pounds. I saw my friend and he has been here 5 weeks and he had gotten really chubby. It kinda scared me and motivated me to eat healthy and try to work out

I saw Steven Morin yesterday it was cool. He is still the same hah. He actually knows Elder H. from track.

I'm trying to write as much as I can remember but the timer ticking down my time in the corner of the monitor is stressing me out so sorry if I've forgotten any important details. I'm having fun though everyone is cool. Its cool to see all the name tags of where everyone is going. It makes me glad I'm just learning spanish.
Anyway I'm just about out of time. I'm not exactly sure what the rules are for letter writing but I'll try to write when I can sorry if its not that often cause we are really busy. Love you all

Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment