Monday, November 11, 2013

Hey

Well, I've been in the new area for almost a week.  Ipiales is awesome.  It's the farthest away from Cali we can get, right on the border with Ecuador.  My area is called Frontera 2.  It's sick because one of the families we teach is literally a couple minutes walking distance from the river that separates Colombia and Ecuador.  There's a big slope where we can see some city in Ecuador.  It's legit.

My comp is Elder R. from Mexico.  He's cool.  He's really scared of dogs.  It's pretty funny.  He loves to cook too.  He has about 13 months in the mish.

The cool thing about Ipiales is it is always one of the best zones.  Elder R. and I had a great week in spite of transfers.  We had 15 investigators at church, 2nd place in the mish last week.  It was legit.

We played a lot of soccer today.  All together at least 3 to 4 hours.  I'm dead.

Even though I started my mish in Nariño, I had forgotten how funny the accent is.  Everyone in Valle del Cauca makes fun of the people from Nariño for their accent, and i was laughing hard the whole day my first day here.  It's kind of hard to describe.  It's sort of like an Italian accent.  They sing or their voice goes up and down a lot.  I'm sure I'm gonna end up eating cuy again (guinea pig).
Vamos bien,

Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment