Monday, December 24, 2012




 Hey! Merry Christmas!

That was way sick to see all you guys yesterday on Skype. I got all depressed that night but I'm good now (haha).

So Elder H. and I opened our Christmas packages today. I figured it was just better to do it today on pday when we actually have time. I really want to thank you for all the stuff. I don't know if I got it all yet, but seriously, I was overwhelmed as I saw all the stuff. It was really great. I really, really appreciate it. Oh, and Elder A. loved his stocking and says thanks. I'm currently wearing that purple-ish tie you guys sent me. I really like plain color ties. Just like shirts (haha). I gave a couple to Elder A. too.
So thinking back on yesterday, it was cool to see everyone. I hope everyone felt like they got to talk. I enjoyed the little Spanish with Uncle Ricky, that was cool. I was kinda overwhelmed with all the people around me and noise and stuff but it was fun. It was cool seeing everyone together. It was cool knowing all you guys were there doing the same old thing even though I'm all the way over here.

That's good that Hank (our Bulldog) hasn't started getting too old yet. Maybe he'll still be around when I get back.

The other day I just started thinking and started to feel a little overwhelmed. I started thinking about what I'm actually doing here. Like I'm here in some country in South America trying to tell people why they should change their lives and why our church is true... and do it all in another language. It's just hard sometimes and feels like a lot of pressure. Now that I'm not in training anymore, it's like I have an equal part in all this and these people are depending on me to know what to say and how to help them. But it really is great though. I'm trying to enjoy things right now cause they are going well with my comp and all that. It's weird to think that I'm almost a quarter of the way done already. It's gone by way fast but at the same time I feel like I've been out here forever.

Oh, the other day, we saw two guys yelling at each other and one went into his bus and pulled out a machete and started trying to chop at the other guy. It was nuts (haha).

Entonces fue muy chévere hablar con ustedes ayer. Estoy tratando de disfrutar de cada momento de mi tiempo aquí. Todo esto ha sido maravilloso y todavía acabo de empezar. Me alegro mucho que estén bien. Sigan adelante y haré lo mismo.

Elder Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment